Chaga or Inonotusobliquus is recognized as a kind of fungus. It grows mainly on the exterior of birch trees in extreme cold weathers. Chaga mushrooms get produced in wild in places, such as Northern Canada, Siberia, Alaska and in some northern parts of the continental US. These compounds are hugely imposing for their antioxidant properties. They contain a huge amount of fiber and they are free of sugar, carbohydrates, fat and very low in calories. You can eat Chaga mushroom in the form of a food and you can also make it into syrup, extracts, tea, and bathing agents.
Chaga is historically and commonly ingested in the form of a tea, but sometimes it is also produced in one tincture and very less in Chaga mushroom powder. Even the encapsulated form of this compound is rare. According to reports, this compound can be used in the form of a base for liqueurs plus as an alternative for hops in beer. However, in Russia, this is available in the form of a tablet, syrup, a suppository, and an aerosol. If you use the cut Chaga for preparing tea then you can re-brew it for the second time and it will cause no loss to the potency and the flavor.
The worth mentioning benefits of Chaga mushroom are:
- Prevents and treats cancer – According to animal studies, Chaga can hinder cancer progression. However, studies on humans are still needed. In a study, when tumor-bearing mice were supplemented with this medicine, their tumor size reduced by 60%. According to many types of research, Chaga extract might prevent the growth of cancer cellsturning it into a possible treatment for cancer.
- Motivate the immune system – Chaga mushrooms help to improve the immune system by growing the production of some immune cells that include T lymphocytes and interleukin 6.
- Powerful anti-viral – These compounds possess anti-viral capabilities when the matter comes to some viruses. Chaga is viewed as an ideal candidate for the growth of novice anti-viral drugs.
- Reduces inflammation – These compounds can lessen inflammation significantly. Based on an animal study, it has been concluded that Chaga extract has the capacity to lessen inflammation because of the presence of ulcerative colitis.
- Improves physical strength – According to animal studies, this compound improve physical endurance remarkably well. Based on a study published in the year 2015, when mice were provided Chaga mushroom polysaccharides, they could swim for a longer period of time. In fact, their glucogen content of both liver and muscles got bigger whilst the levels of lactic acid in the bloodstream reduced. It is an ideal recipe for better endurance and less fatigue.
Some precautions to follow
Chaga stops the formation of blood clots and platelet accumulation and this is the reason; you ought not to take it combined with blood-thinning compounds, like warfarin and aspirin. It can also lower the levels of blood sugar and you must avoid taking it with diabetes medicine as it can result in the lowering of blood glucose levels. People suffering from autoimmune diseases too should avert taking Chaga as it makes the immune system more active. According to a case study, a Japanese woman suffered from oxalate nephropathy after she took Chaga mushroom powder for six months at a stretch.